Monday, July 3, 2017

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? - 7/3/2017

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish at some point.
 *************
Books Completed

THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor - review will be on August 1.

A lovely read as always.  I never knew this had been a real event.
 
*************
THE BOOK OF POLLY by Kathy Hepinstall - review is in the book's title - done June 26.

This book is funny and delightful.
 
*************
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams - review is in the book's title - finished reading April 30.

 
 *************
THE BREAKDOWN by B. A. Paris - review will be on July 25 - finished June 23.

A good mystery...not as chilling as her first book.  Her first book gave me nightmares.

 
*************
THE WILDLING SISTERS by Eva Chase - review will be on July 25 - finished June 22.

Family saga and a bit of Gothic included. Enjoyed it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildling-Sisters-Eve-Chase/dp/0399174133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496620770&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wildling+sisters
 *************
HELLO SUNSHINE by Laura Dave - review will be on July 12 - finished June 18.

 *************
THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon - review is in the book's title - finished on June 16.

A lovely, heartfelt read.

 
 *************
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica - review will be on July 5 - finished June 10.

My first Mary Kubica book...a good thriller.

 *************
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton - review will be on July 20 - finished June 5.

A little slow at first, but got intense and interesting about half way through.

 *************
THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson - review will be on July 11 - finished January 15 - I thought the book's publication date was February 15.  :)  I am not an over-achiever.  :)
 
************* 
Book Currently Reading:

EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker - review will be on August 8

 *************

Books Up Next:

THE DAUGHTERS OF IRELAND by Santa Montefiore - review will be on August 15

*************
THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END by Patti Callahan Henry - review will be August 24.

*************
BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin - review will be on August 29.

 

*************
A MOTHER LIKE MINE by Kate Hewitt - review AND Giveaway will be on August 31.



  *************
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13

*************
SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review will be on September 12.


https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Threads-Memory-House-Collection/dp/099692146X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497137296&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+threads
*************






24 comments:

  1. Surprised you haven't read Mary Kubica as so many readers have. Not really my genre so I haven't tried her, although maybe I'd be surprised and like a book by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of her but have never read anything by her until this book.

      I enjoyed the read.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!

    As always, you share the most interesting books! I am keeping The Child in the back of my mind for next month's book club read.... Suggestions are always welcome!

    I've seen The Bookshop at Water's end on another blog as well, guess it's worth looking into.

    Hope you will have a good week!

    http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/07/library-card-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Child had a slow start, but the ending was good.

      I am looking forward to reading The Bookshop at Water's Edge. It looks quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Mareli.

      Delete
  3. Nice! All new to me ones as usual! Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about it being based on a true event made me curious about The Cottingley Secret. Enjoy you upcoming reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  5. It's always surprising and delightful to see what books others are reading and planning to read. I loved Hello, Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...Hello Sunshine was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Patty.

      Delete
  6. You always manage to read both (1) a lot of books and (2) good books. I find that astonishing. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/07/lets-go-to-paris-shall-we.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am picky about my books. LOL!!

      I have been reading an unlikely number of books lately. I have surprised myself. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Deb.

      Delete
  7. Nice assortment of books. I'm trying to get a little ahead on my review books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to be ahead. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  8. Isn't The Book of Polly fun! I listened to it on audio and loved the narration. Looks like you're staying very busy. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delightful. I bet it was really fun on audio.

      Thanks for stopping, Susie.

      Delete
  9. Well I just added a bunch more books to my TBR list. Lol. I am especially intrigued by The Cottingley Secret and The Wildling Sisters. I was all about that fairy story when I was a teenager. I used to collect anything fairy, and have the Pressed Fairy Book. (still do actually)which was based on that story as well.

    I was almost going to say The Break Down was scarier in my opinion, but then I realized that wasn't true. I loved The Break Down, but I could actually read it. I couldn't read her previous book, it scared me too much! So, yes, not as thrilling as the first. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely love THE COTTINGLEY SECRET then. :)

      THE BREAKDOWN didn't have those horrible scenes. I am glad it wasn't as bad as her first book. BEHIND CLOSED DOORS was chilling as I mentioned. I hated Jack.

      What books did you choose to add to your TBR list?

      Thanks for stopping, Erin.

      Delete
  10. So many are on my wish list or review books list so I'm looking forward to your reviews, Elizabeth. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT...I noticed we like the same books.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  11. I see a bunch at are on my wishlist. Drama camp was a hit with my daughter. My son is doing well with cross country. And our big move is less than two weeks away! Come see what I've been reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a busy summer.

      What ones are on your wish list?

      Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

      Delete
  12. I am really looking forward to Jamie Ford's latest. I really liked his 1st 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...both good books.

      Thanks for stopping, Lloyd.

      Delete