Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Down River by John Hart


Mystery, Suspense, Murder.....loved this book....lots of surprises at the end. :)

Adam Chase returns to North Carolina after five years and his acquittal of murder.

Little does he know that his troubles haven't disappeared and the mysteries of family members and friends is overwhelming.

He finds things out that he never knew...most of them not good. The characters pull you in and make you want to keep reading to find out what makes them "tick," what they are about, and what they are experiencing.

Excellent writing...I want to read more of his books.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,

    I am coming to your review some 5 years after you originally wrote it and long before I began blogging myself. However now in 2015, 'Down River' has just been recommended to me by a fellow blogger and when I checked it out, I noticed your rating and review on Goodreads - as I was adding the book to my own 'Want To Read' list of course!

    The storyline sounds very dark and powerful and the character of Adam, very deeply troubled - A great combination for an explosive read!

    I also like the sound of the author John Hart, although I only checked out his brief biography on Goodreads. He seems like a very genuine person, who is totally committed to his writing and family.

    Nice review,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an excellent book.

      It certainly does show this was at the beginning of my blog reviewing. :)

      I think you will LOVE the book, Yvonne.

      ENJOY when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete